Once upon a time, hormonal changes meant nothing more than the occasional mood swings or an unpredictable period. Fast forward a few decades, though, and we’ve learned your post-menopausal body can leave you feeling run-down and ragged as estrogen levels taper off.
Sure, you’ve tried the kale salads, picked up a habit of taking morning jogs, and enrolled in a yoga class, but something still seems to be missing as you struggle to maintain your mood or fall asleep at night. It’s a frustrating journey, but Elon DIM Complex can make it easier.
Estrogen’s Role in the Body
We often talk about estrogen as it applies to our younger years when women experience the ebb and flow of menstrual cycles or deal with the hormonal challenges that come with carrying a child. However, it continues influencing our bodies even as we transition into post-menopause.
If you’ve been feeling out of sync or noticing changes that don’t seem “like you,” the answer might lie in your estrogen levels.
Estrogen Beyond Reproduction
Many of us associate estrogen primarily with fertility, but it has a much broader reach than that.
- Bone Health: Estrogen is fundamental to maintaining healthy bone density, helping balance the cycles of bone cell reabsorption and formation to keep our skeletal system strong and less prone to fractures.
- Skin and Hair: Have you noticed that your skin looks less supple or that your hair has lost its lustrous thickness? Estrogen catalyzes collagen production for skin elasticity and supports a healthy hair growth cycle.
- Cardiovascular System: Estrogen enhances the flexibility of arterial walls and promotes healthy blood flow. This hormone also positively affects cholesterol levels, helping to balance the ratio of good to bad cholesterol.
- Brain Health and Mood: This hormone influences mood, memory, and cognition. Healthy levels can protect against cognitive decline and regulate mood swings.
- Metabolic Processes: Your metabolism, or how you process food and maintain weight, is also impacted by estrogen health because the hormone regulates food intake, body weight, glucose metabolism, and insulin sensitivity.
- Temperature Regulation: Those notorious hot flashes directly result from estrogen’s influence on the hypothalamus, the part of the brain responsible for regulating body temperature.
- Muscle Repair: Estrogen aids in muscle repair and recovery, influencing how they respond after physical activities. Maintaining estrogen levels post-menopause keeps you moving longer by reducing muscle damage and promoting faster repair.
- Vision: Cataracts and poor retinal health have been linked to declining estrogen levels as we age.
The Metabolism Connection
As you transition into your post-menopausal years, there’s a shift in estrogen production as your ovaries dial back and your fat cells step in to help out. Unfortunately, fat cells produce estrogen differently than your ovaries, and this new form of the hormone requires your body to adjust to breaking it down and using it properly in a process known as estrogen metabolism.
If your body struggles to metabolize this new form of estrogen, you might experience frustrating symptoms or health hiccups even if your overall estrogen levels seem okay.
DIM: The Natural Estrogen Supporter
Short for Di-Indoyl Methane, DIM is a natural substance derived from cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, and kale.
DIM is particularly adept at supporting estrogen metabolism because it ensures that your body can break down and use the hormone in such a way that you get the benefits without the side effects, regardless of whether it comes from the ovaries or adipose tissue. As such, it’s an excellent supplement for post-menopausal women struggling with mood regulation or energy loss and those who want to holistically support their long-term health in estrogen-affected body systems.
Let’s take a closer look at why Elon DIM Complex is worth adding to your supplement routine:
DIM (Di-indolyl Methane) 150 mg
At the heart of Elon’s formula is a generous 150 mg of DIM for post-menopausal hormone balance. DIM helps our bodies properly break down estrogen for a more balanced hormonal state. Instead of drastic highs and lows, you’ll experience more stabilized estrogen levels.
BioPerine® (black pepper fruit extract) 5 mg:
BioPerine®, an extract from black pepper fruits, is added to increase your body’s ability to absorb and use DIM.
Broccoli 4:1 Extract (florets) 50 mg:
Concentrated broccoli extract provides additional plant compounds that further support hormonal balance.
Calcium D-Glucarate 50 mg:
Our environment is full of endocrine disruptors that can interfere with our body’s natural hormonal processes. Calcium D-Glucarate helps your body eliminate toxins and excess hormones, including estrogen.
Tips for Taking Elon DIM Complex
Before taking DIM, you must talk with a board-certified dermatologist at the Advanced Skincare & Cosmetic Institute to discuss whether it’s the right choice for you, especially if you’re already on hormonal medications like hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or birth control.
The same goes for breastfeeding. You want to get clearance from a professional to avoid anything that might harm your baby.
When you’ve got the go-ahead to make Elon DIM Complex a part of your pre or post-menopausal lifestyle, contact Advanced Skin Therapeutics and place your order to experience smoother sailing as you transition into post-menopausal life.