Eyelashes have the practical purpose of protecting our eyes from dust and debris, but they’re also a symbol of beauty that can totally transform your facial aesthetics. Their length, thickness, and darkness give the eye a more defined and attractive look, but many products that promise to deliver those results fall short of expectations. Then, Latisse came onto the scene.
Originally developed as a treatment for glaucoma, Latisse was found to have an unexpected side effect: promoting the growth of longer, fuller, and darker eyelashes.
If we’ve sparked your interest in trying this phenomenal lash growth serum, stay tuned to learn how to claim a special promotion at the end of the article!
History of Latisse
The story of Latisse started with its origins as a medication known as bimatoprost. Its original purpose was to treat glaucoma, which can lead to vision loss if left untreated. Bimatoprost was developed to reduce eye pressure associated with the condition.
However, researchers made a fascinating discovery along the way. Patients undergoing treatment for glaucoma with this medication began to notice a significant enhancement in their eyelashes. The lashes were growing longer, thicker, and darker, an accidental side effect that piqued the interest of researchers and beauty enthusiasts alike.
The pharmaceutical company behind bimatoprost saw an opportunity to repurpose this compound, focusing on its potential for eyelash growth. They undertook rigorous testing and trials to understand the exact mechanism behind this effect and to ensure its safety as a cosmetic treatment.
After receiving approval from health authorities, Latisse was launched as the first and only FDA-approved treatment for hypotrichosis of the eyelashes, a condition characterized by inadequate lashes.
How Does Latisse Work?
Latisse’s ability to transform eyelashes is rooted in its active ingredient, bimatoprost. But how exactly does it stimulate the growth of fuller, longer, and darker lashes? Let’s look at the science behind the magic.
Eyelashes, like other hair on the body, grow in phases. Latisse primarily works by extending the growth phase of the eyelash hair cycle, known as the anagen phase. Prolonging this phase gives the lashes more time to grow, resulting in increased length.
In addition to extending the growth phase, Latisse also increases the number of eyelash hairs during this stage, resulting in a more voluminous set of lashes.
By targeting the lashes’ natural growth cycle, Latisse encourages growth in a way that’s harmonious with the body’s processes.
How to Use Latisse
Before starting Latisse, you should consult with a trusted, board-certified dermatologist who can ensure it’s appropriate for your needs. They may also give you further instructions beyond the following catered to your treatments.
- Before applying Latisse, thoroughly cleanse the eye area and remove any makeup.
- Use the sterile applicators provided with the Latisse package. Apply the solution to the base of the upper eyelashes, careful not to get it in the eye.
- Skip the lower lashes. It will spread downward to the lower lashes when you blink.
- Discard the applicator and use a new applicator for each treatment to avoid contaminating the bottle with bacteria.
- Apply Latisse daily as directed. Missing applications can slow down progress
- Be patient. Results are gradual, typically noticeable after four weeks, with full effects around sixteen weeks.
- Maintain your treatments. Your lashes will return to their previous appearance if you stop using Latisse.
An Exclusive Latisse Offer for Alle Members – $30 OFF
For those inspired by the possibilities of Latisse and eager to experience its eyelash-enhancing magic, we have some exciting news. We are thrilled to announce an exclusive promotion that makes trying Latisse even more affordable.
Here’s how and where to redeem this limited-time offer:
- If you’re not yet a member, sign up for the Alle program.
- Scan the QR code below to download the offer to your Alle account.
- Stop by to redeem your promotion for $30 off a Latisse 5 mL treatment!