When you want dramatic results fast, the allure of cosmetic procedures is undeniable due to their ability to smooth out fine lines and restore facial volume without going under the knife. However, you might be hesitant to take the plunge because of a common issue associated with injections: post-procedure bruising.
Don’t let the thought of unsightly bruising make you second-guess making an appointment! Two revolutionary products– Clinicians Complex Post Injection Cream and Revision Skincare Vitamin K Serum– can help keep your skin contusion-free.
What Causes Post-Procedure Bruising?
When you undergo cosmetic injections, your dermatologist uses needles to penetrate the skin and deliver the treatment. This process can damage capillaries near the skin’s surface, causing localized bleeding underneath the skin and creating a bruise.
While bruising is generally harmless, it can make you feel self-conscious and sometimes cause tenderness when you touch the area, lasting several days or weeks, depending on your body’s natural healing process.
Fortunately, advances in skincare technology offer targeted solutions to help manage and reduce post-procedure bruising, letting you flaunt your rejuvenated look much sooner.
Traditional Methods to Deal with Bruising
Once upon a time, if you had post-procedure bruising, you were mostly left with the old-school solution of applying ice packs, elevating the affected area, and waiting it out.
Ice and elevation can minimize swelling and reduce the severity of a bruise. Ice constricts blood vessels, which can limit further bleeding into the skin, while elevation helps to reduce blood flow to the area, minimizing swelling. However, this method can be inconvenient if you want to return to your regular daily routine without taking a few days to recover.
Some people also turned to over-the-counter remedies like Arnica gel or ointment, an anti-inflammatory homeopathic remedy that can treat bruises, sore muscles, and swelling. While arnica is effective, it needs help from other actives to maximize its effectiveness, especially for more severe or larger bruises.
Specialized Creams Are the Modern Solution to Post-Procedure Bruising
You no longer have to rely on traditional methods to deal with post-procedure bruising thanks to modern skincare solutions like Clinicians Complex Post Injection Cream and Revision Skincare Vitamin K Serum.
Clinicians Complex Post Injection Cream is a specially designed formula to minimize the three major concerns following injection-based cosmetic procedures: bruising, soreness, and redness. This cream is ideal for use after BOTOX®, dermal fillers, and sclerotherapy.
- Arnica oil reduces swelling and inflammation, speeding up the healing process.
- Emu oil is prized for its moisturizing capabilities, keeping your skin soft and supple as it heals.
- Green tea extract combats free radicals, which can exacerbate bruising and slow down healing.
- Vitamin E further protects against free radicals and supports overall skin health.
Revision Skincare’s Vitamin K Serum is a lightweight, oil-free formula designed to calm and condition your skin post-procedure. It’s an all-around skincare solution, but it’s particularly effective in reducing redness and soothing the skin.
- Phytonadione, or vitamin K1, is a potent form of vitamin K that supports the body’s natural healing process and reduces the appearance of bruises.
- Arnica montana extract is a natural botanical extract that helps reduce redness and limit bruising.
- Barley extract keeps your skin hydrated while offering antioxidant benefits.
- Coenzyme Q10 & vitamin E antioxidant blend calms the skin and protects against environmental aggressors.
- Squalane pulls moisture into the skin, keeping it hydrated and aiding in healing.
Post-procedure bruising doesn’t have to stop you from achieving your aesthetic goals. You can significantly reduce or avoid post-procedure bruising with Clinicians Complex Post Injection Cream and Revision Skincare Vitamin K Serum.
For more information about either product, contact our skincare experts at Advanced Skin Therapeutics. We’re happy to help with any questions you might have!