Are you living with hair loss or profound hair thinning? You’re not alone.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, more than 30 million women and 50 million men suffer from the condition, whether caused by a genetic disposition or an underlying health issue. While some can embrace their hair loss, many find it embarrassing, stressful, and frustrating.
Early treatment is the key to preventing further hair loss and promoting healthy regrowth for those living with androgenic alopecia.
Before you begin the process of regrowing hair, it’s crucial to understand the cause. In some cases, hair loss can point to a more serious condition, such as issues with the thyroid, diabetes or hereditary baldness. You should see your dermatologist who may do blood work or a scalp biopsy.
Common causes of Hair Loss include:
- Androgenic alopecia is often called male pattern or female pattern baldness. Hair loss can begin in the teens-early 20s with a rapidly receding hairline in men. Eventually, it leads to hair thinning on the crown of the head. In women, profound hair loss typically doesn’t begin until around 40, with more generalized thinning all over the scalp.
- Involutional alopecia is natural thinning due to age.
- Alopecia Areata is an autoimmune hair loss that may occur in localized patches or all over the body (alopecia universalis).
- Scarring alopecias is permanent, as it causes extensive damage to the hair follicles. Skin disorders such as cellulitis and folliculitis create scars that prevent hair from regrowing.
- Telogen effluvium occurs after a major stress to the body such as childbirth, surgery, or a high fever that causes your hair to go into a resting state. It can last for 6 months or longer before it starts to regrow.
- Medications can also cause hair loss.
Theradome LH80 is specifically designed to treat Androgenetic Alopecia and has not been tested for other hair loss conditions.
Start the Hair Growth Journey with Theradome LH80
Theradome LH80, available from the skincare experts at Advanced Skin Therapeutics, is the next generation of FDA-approved laser phototherapy for hair regeneration.
Designed for safe, effective, at-home treatment, the device harnesses the power of eighty potent red light laser diodes to specifically target stem cells at the base of the hair follicle. These lasers have an optimized wavelength of 680 nanometers, clinically proven to achieve optimal scalp penetration and effective energy absorption. As the light penetrates the follicle, it stimulates the mitochondria within the hair cells, producing energy that drives hair growth.
The device is designed with ease of use and comfort in mind. Theradome LH80 weighs less than 16 oz, produces less than 1-degree of heat, and includes foam pads to adjust the fit. Clients can expect to wear the helmet twice a week for 20 minutes in the comfort and privacy of their own home. It is also cordless so that you can continue your day without interruptions.
While the effects are not immediate, you will soon begin to see thicker hair and a healthier scalp with continued use.